Saturday, July 31, 2010

Enyimba, Heartland In Race To Sign Okonkwo

The pursuit of Bayelsa United defender, Chibuzor Okonkwo, is getter hotter as Enyimba of Aba and Heartland of Owerri are at present locked in a battle to sign him for the league stage of their various competitions.
Heartland can register five new players now that it has qualified for the league stage of the CAF Champions League and has already filled two spaces with Enugu Rangers’ Damian Udeh and Emma Nwachi from Dolphin Football Club of Port Harcourt.
The Naze Millionaires is also eager to add Okonkwo, but will meet a brick wall in Enyimba, who is also interested in the former international.
Enyimba officials are hoping that they will triumph over Zanaco of Zambia to get a place in the group stage of the Confederation Cup and also need the defender.
“Yes they want to sign me but I have not really made up my mind which club to play. I will soon make up my mind because they are good sides and playing in an International competition will also expose me.
“I am ready for any of the teams,” Okonkwo said.
Source: NPL Website

No comments:

Post a Comment