Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Plateau Utd sacked me over wage – Omolade

Left-back Ajibade Omolade has revealed that Nigeria Premier League (NPL) strugglers, Plateau United, are hiding the real reason over his being offloaded from their playing personnel saying it had to do with his wages.
A displeased Omolade, who was captain of Plateau United until his contract with the club was terminated on March 31, opened up that his massive monthly pay of N300,000 was the real reason behind his sack.
“I think the club officials are not so happy with the amount I earn,” said Omolade. “I earn N300,000 every month and I think some people are not happy with that. Since the start of the season they have been looking for errors from me to sack me.”
Unfortunately for the defender, the talks he held with Heartland coach, Christian Chukwu, few days ago was uncovered and the management of Plateau United did not waste time in showing him the exit door.
The player admitted that he held talks with Heartland but did not envisage he would be hammered since other Plateau United players did same.
Omolade told Naijaligue.blogspot.com: “I was told that as captain of the team it was wrong to go to another club and talk to them. They told me I was being sacked for being undisciplined, and I asked when I was ever rude to anyone or the club. I only spoke to Heartland just like other players did with other teams. They capitalised on that to sack me so that they will be relieved in paying my monthly salary, which they feel is too much.”
Omolade before the termination of his contract was put on a N300,000 monthly salary that amounts to N3.6 million per annum.
That amount leaves the defender as the highest paid footballer in the Nigerian topflight though an official of Plateau United claimed that Omolade earns more than N600,000 per month.
Omolade was sacked alongside Abdullahi Isa, Saleh Mohammed, Shedrack Monaya Daniel Njoku, Waziri Kabiru, Chorbe Godwin, Uche Ilo and Eze Nwabike.
The club explained that the sackings were due to “indolence, truancy, absenteeism, indiscipline, low performance and poor commitment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment