Sunday, May 22, 2011

Senegalese ruled out of P/Harcourt derby


Senegalese centre-back, Ousmane Pape Sane (pictured), will not take part in Sunday’s big derby game of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) between Dolphins and Sharks at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt.
The Sharks’ defender is nursing a hamstring injury he pulled in his side’s lone goal win over Lobi Stars on Wednesday.
Sane played just 25 minutes of the game mid-week before he was replaced by Ifeanyi Esobe due to the injury.
The defender will now be sidelined for two weeks, Naijaligue.blogspot.com has learned.
He told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he hopes that the hamstring will allow him return in a fortnight as scheduled by the team’s medical team.
“I am still feeling pain there. My fear is that I don’t want this to keep me out for more than two weeks,” he said.
Sane is distraught that he is suffering another injury after he just returned from an abdominal trouble that kept him out for more than a month this season.
“I am not happy about getting injured again. It seems I am unlucky this season,” Sane said cursing the misfortune of having to face another spell on the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment