Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pillars' star denies snubbing Eagles' call


Kano Pillars' midfielder, Musa Musa has opened up that he never ignored an invitation to the Super Eagles B Team.

Musa explained to SuperSport.com that he did not get any formal letter to show that he was called up by the national team selectors.

"I didn't get any kind of formal invitation. And my club, Kano Pillars also didn't get any invitation letter. If I got the letter I would not have ignored it because it is my dream to play for my country," the midfielder said.

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi had complained that Musa and his Kano Pillars' teammate, Gambo Mohammed had failed to show up for over week after being invited to the national team.

However, the management of Kano Pillars in a statement has cleared Musa of any wrongdoing while Mohammed's whereabouts remains unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment