Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ajiboye eyes return after ban

3SC first-choice goalkeeper, Dele Ajiboye is hoping to make a return for his side this Saturday when they face Wikki Tourists in Ibadan.

The former Under17 national team goalkeeper has served a three-match suspension slapped on him by the Nigeria Premier League (NPL).

Ajiboye missed the games against ABS FC, Dolphins and Niger Tornadoes in which 3SC went unbeaten with Emmanuel Daniel in goal.

The 3SC custodian told SuperSport.com that he is ready to return between the sticks after he was punished for a misconduct charge during a league game at Gombe United alongside club officials, Mutiu Adepoju and Ajibade Babalade.

"I've put what happened behind me because I believe I did nothing wrong. My focus is to now to play for my team this weekend. But that decision depends on the coaches and I will wait to see if I'm in the team.

"All I want to do now is concentrate and help my team finish as high as possible in the league table. I'm happy that we have done well so far in our recent games and I believe we will continue with our new form," said the former Prime FC keeper.

Ajiboye, who kept in the reverse game when 3SC lost 1-2 to Wikki Tourists, is confident that the Oluyole Warriors will pick their second win on the bounce and stretch their unbeaten to four.

"Yes we lost in Bauchi when we first met them but in Ibadan we will definitely win this one. A win will mean our unbeaten run continues," remarked Ajiboye, who kept goal for Pontevedra CF in Spain's lower division before returning to Nigeria to join 3SC.

Ajiboye has scored once from the spot for 3SC this season in the game against champions, Dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment