Friday, October 19, 2012

NPL trio make Bala top target


Akwa United, Enyimba and Kwara United are locked in a three-way battle to sign midfielder, Bala Mohammed, supersport.com can report.

Bala has turned down a contract extension from relegated Jigawa Golden Stars scheduled to compete in the Nigeria National League (NNL) next season.

The free agent, who emerged as the highest scoring midfielder last term with ten goals, is currently training on his own in Kano.

But he confirmed to supersport.com that Nigeria Premier League (NPL) sides, Akwa United, Enyimba and Kwara United have contacted him on the possibility to sign for them in the coming season tentatively billed to kick off on December 1.

"Now I'm in Kano and training on my own. I didn't want to stay with Jigawa Stars after they were relegated which is why I'm back in Kano. But three clubs have spoken to me. Akwa United, Enyimba and Kwara United told me they will contact me about joining them for the new season.

"But I've not agreed any deal with any club yet. So I'm waiting for them as I'm now free to join any team of my choice," he revealed.

Jigawa Stars were demoted from the Premier League in spite of Bala's ten goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment