Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Madu returns to Nasarawa

Giwa FC midfielder Christian Madu is confident of returning to Nasarawa United to claim a result in this Wednesday's Glo Premier League game.
Madu played for Nasarawa United last season but moved to Jos where he teamed up with Giwa FC for the current league season.

The midfielder is returning to Lafia for the first time since he left the Solid Miners at the end of last term with renewed hope of earning a result to help the Elephants in their bid to stay in the premier division in their first-ever season.

"I must be honest I still have respect for my former club, Nasarawa United. At present, they are doing very well from their position on the league table. I had some interesting moments with the club while I was there but as a professional you have to move on. Now I'm with Giwa FC and I've got a job to do.

"I'm going out there with my team to get a result. It is going to be a tough match and I'm expecting that. I'm sure my teammates are expecting same.

"This season my main objective is to help Giwa FC stay in the Glo Premier League. Remember this is the first season of the club in this division. But just as my objectives with the club are modest I won't rule out surprises like winning a continental ticket," Madu told supersport.com ahead of Giwa FC's short trip to Lafia on Monday.

This season, Madu has appeared in all of the Elephants' 12 league matches in which he has played all 1 080 minutes without being substituted or suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment