Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I Left Kwara Utd In Peaceful Manner - Obuh

Former Kwara United head coach, John Obuh, has cleared the air that he left the Globacom Premier League club without bickering with the management of the club.
Obuh, who is now Golden Eaglets’ head coach, told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that after he was shortlisted for the job of the national Under-17 the club was aware of the arrangement.
He made it clear that when the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) finally appointed him, he could not reject the chance of serving at the national level since he knows that it is a bigger job than managing a Premier League side in the country.
“I did not leave Kwara United because I had a problem with anybody there. The truth is that when I was named as one of those for the Golden Eaglets’ job, they were aware and when I was named as the coach I told them. So I didn’t leave them in annoyance. I left them in a peaceful manner because the people in Kwara were good to me,” he said.
Obuh revealed how the Kwara State government ensured that he enjoyed his stay in Ilorin last season that led to the promotion of the Kwara United to the Globacom Premier League.
The Under-17 national team coach disclosed that he was handed a brand new car by the Kwara State government, which he believes was worth more than N4 million.
He further told Naijaligue.blogspot.com that he was also given cash incentives to encourage him during last season in order to work hard and return the club to the top-flight division of professional league football in Nigeria.
“During my stay in Ilorin I enjoyed the best of incentives from the management of the club and the Kwara State government. They were very encouraging to me because they wanted us to return to the Premier League and thank God that we achieved that feat. I was also given a car that I believe is worth more than N4 million and you think I will now leave that kind of club through fighting them. No way because I still have memories of my stay there,” he said.
Obuh added that if he was not given the mandate to become the Golden Eaglets’ head coach by the NFF, he would have stuck to Kwara United.
He acknowledged that the temptation of handling a national team was huge and he could not resist it.

No comments:

Post a Comment