Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Efugh Unfazed By Rangers Threat



By Sampson Eze;

In view of speculations surrounding his future at Heartland Football Club following threats from Enugu Rangers to withdraw his services from the Owerri-based club, defender Chinedu Efugh has stated that he is focused and committed to see out his contract with the Naze Millionares.
The controversy surrounding his transfer from Rangers took another twist early last month with the Flying Antelopes threatening to withdraw the provisional clearance given to the former Jasper United defender after Heartland FC failed to pay the agreed transfer fee of over N3 million since the beginning of the 2008/2009 season but Efugh is confident the matter will be resolved soon to enable him resume the season with his club.
“This matter came up before our CAF Champions League second leg final and I tried to put it behind me and ensure that I gave my best to Heartland and even now I want to remain focused as my club has ensured me that the matter will be settled very soon. The important thing here is that I am happy at Heartland and my future should be considered,” he told Naijaligue.blogspot.com.
Efugh informed that he has no grudge against the officials and management of Rangers but blamed the matter on communication gap between both parties.
“I have nothing against Rangers, I will always acknowledge their impact in my playing career but I wish they will understand my position,” he enthused.

No comments:

Post a Comment