Friday, January 07, 2011

Kaduna Utd’s Aneke to miss Zamfara game


One of the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) top scorers, Jude Aneke, is expected to remain on the sidelines once again this weekend when his team, Kaduna United, travels to Zamfara United for a Week 10 game.
He was left out of Kaduna United’s 1 – 0 win against Sunshine Stars at the Kaduna Township Stadium last weekend.
Aneke has been out of action for Kaduna United since December 23 after playing for just eight minutes in his side’s 1 – 2 loss to Ocean Boys at the Samson Siasia Stadium in Yenagoa.
The striker, who is joint top scorer in the Premier League on four goals with Ukeyima Akombo of Sunshine Stars and Fred Okwara of Enugu Rangers, could still face another two weeks out of action following a fracture on one of his toes.
Aneke told SuperSport.com that he suffered the fracture after he collided with a player of Ocean Boys during the match last month.
“I sustained the injury while playing against Ocean Boys. It was really bad because I fractured one of the toes in my right leg and it was difficult for me to continue to play because of the pains. So the coach had to substitute me.
“I feel a lot better now though I am not sure I will be playing this weekend for my team,” he said.
Aneke is hoping to be fit for his team’s Week 11 game against Bukola Babes.
But Kaduna United spokesman, Abdulrahman Tonga, disclosed that he will be out for two weeks.
“Our team doctor said Jude needs two weeks to recover and play in the league again after his injury. The club does not want to rush him back to action because we want him to recover well,” said Tonga.

No comments:

Post a Comment